- Learner Credentialing
- Learning Modalities Definitions
- Experiential Learning
- Experiential Learning (EL) Schedules
- Pre-Semester Scheduling Variance Form
- EL-DFC Absences During the Semester
- EL-VCBC Absences During the Semester
- Direct Focused Client Care (DFC) and Integrative Practicum (IP)
- Preparation for Licensure
Supplemental Learning ResourcesDownload PDF
The College offers various resources to support learning on the MyNightingale platform. MyNightingale hosts resources that support learner Evolvitude® through tools designed to encourage self-actualization, growth mindset, and responsibility.
A full-time librarian is available to assist learners with research projects and navigating online databases.
Learners are offered access to the online writing center and Library which includes EBSCO Host, ProQuest, Infotrac, and other research databases. The Library is designed to support nursing and general education studies. The Library databases feature online books, periodicals, magazines, posters, dissertations, theses, medical charts, and other resources.
Learners have access to the CINAHL Database, which provides indexing of the top nursing and allied health literature. Literature from the CINAHL Database includes publications from sources such as the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses Association.
Learners also are offered access to free book services and other resources through the library. Interlibrary loan services are available to all learners upon request.
Nightingale Writing Center
Learners may access the Nightingale Writing Center while enrolled at the College and after graduation. Resources available within the Catalog include but are not limited to:
- Live individual tutoring;
- Evaluation of academic documents such as discussion drafts and academic papers;
- Live group webinars;
- Tutorial articles and videos.
Topics covered include writing fundamentals, selection of appropriate media, writer’s block solutions, and approaches for common types of writing assignments.
Learners may access the Technology Center while enrolled at the College and after graduation. The Center provides resources to assist learners with the specific requirements of online education as well as the contemporary use of technology.
These resources include but are not limited to:
- Tutorial articles and videos
- Step-by-step instructions
- Links to supportive documents and platforms
Learners may access NCLEX study tools and coaching while enrolled at the College and after graduation. The NCLEX coaches provide the tools necessary to help learners prepare for the NCLEX Exam. These resources include but are not limited to:
- Group study sessions
- Individual tutoring based on HESI and NCLEX areas of need
- Apply for NCLEX reimbursement
- Saunders NCLEX-RN Comprehensive Review Study Guide
Learners may access math study tools and tutoring while enrolled at the College and after graduation. The math lab and tutors provide the tools necessary to help learners achieve academic success in math focused courses as well as in their nursing careers. These resources include but are not limited to:
- Free textbooks
- Example problem videos
- TEAMS access for drop-in tutoring and Q&A
The Career Services Center provides learners with many resources while enrolled at the College and after graduation. These resources include but are not limited to:
- Career/Placement Services
- Resume Assistance
- Connection to Job Board
- Placement Verification