We know nursing students are desperate to find any shred of hope for studying the hard concepts in their courses. So we thought we would write a blog that provided helpful study tips, but when we were researching helpful tips, we also found some that were not so helpful. So we asked our staff members what they thought.
Most of them aren’t nurses, but have been through higher education and know how to study. None of these tips are made up, although some are paraphrased. All of them were found online, be it on Twitter, blogs, study pages, or other sources.
Let’s see what our staff had to say about some of these interesting tips:
- CSU Online now provides the ambient sounds of a coffee shop online to help their students study from home, so studying in a coffee shop must be helpful
- Positive affirmation is all you need to ace a test
- Take a 10 minute break for every hour of study.
- Write your class notes in horrible handwriting so you are practiced at reading doctor scribbles
- Fake it till you make it
- Study the key ideas of each chapter, don’t fill your mind up with every single piece of information in the chapter [skim].
- Learn to love coffee
- Memorize things even if you don’t understand them.
- Study by a window so you have things to look at while you think about the material