What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities, including sexual harassment at institutions that received federal financial assistance.
What is Nightingale College’s view on Title IX?
Nightingale College prides itself on providing an environment free from discrimination based on sex. We are a community of unique individuals where we respect and embrace people’s differences, and we teach our learners to respect and support one another and provide an environment free of sexual misconduct. We also promote safety that is conducive to learning.
We take complaints and allegations of sexual misconduct very seriously and we provide an array of resources to help anyone impacted by sexual misconduct and need support.
To view the Title IX Handbook click here.
Who do I contact?
Learners can contact the following campus security authorities (CSAs) for any help regarding Title IX:
- David Lopez (Counselor, Learner Advising and Life Resources | Title IX Coordinator)
(801) 689-2160 ext. 1402
- Dina Nielsen (Senior Manager, Learner, Career & Alumni Services l Emergency Committee Co-Chair)
(801) 689-2160 ext. 1604
- Physical mailing address:
Attn: Title IX Coordinator
175 S Main St Suite 400
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
2019 Emergency Compliance Committee Members
- Director, Nursing Education Services
- Senior Manager, Learner, Career & Alumni Services
- Interim Manager, Learner Support Services
- Counselor, LALR| Title IX Specialist
- Director, Marketing
- Lead Faculty
- Assistant Professor, Associate Degree Program