Behaves in ways that contribute to creating an environment of belonging.
- Utilize self-awareness to identify and mitigate bias on personal, relational, and process levels.
- Assume positive intent.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Suspend judgement and stay in a state of curiosity.
- Work to understand and respect values, attitudes, beliefs, and mores that differ from my own.
- Drive results at the cost of collaboration/relationships/community.
- Act from a place of unexamined bias and do not ask questions or seek to understand others’ perspectives.
- Act in ways that are consistently perceived as difficult to collaborate with or unapproachable.
- Detract from Nightingale Mission/Vision/Pathway by pushing my personal agenda.
- (Overuse) Mistake a lack of conflict for kindness or avoid productive conflict.
- (Overuse) Ostracize or criticize those who are earlier in their self-awareness and inclusion journeys or expect perfection from others.