What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities, including sexual harassment at institutions that received federal financial assistance.
What is Nightingale College’s view on Title IX?
Nightingale College prides itself on providing an environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex. We are committed to being a community of unique individual where we respect and embrace people’s differences and we teach our learners to respect and support one another and provide an environment free of sexual misconduct. We also promote safety that is conducive to learning.
We take complaints and allegations of sexual misconduct very seriously and we provide an array of resources to help anyone impacted by sexual misconduct and need support.
Who do I contact?
Nightingale College’s Title IX Coordinator may be contacted by calling (801) 689-2160.
Learners can contact the following campus security authority (CSAs) for any help regarding Title IX:
- Ashley Thompson (Manager, Learner Advising and Life Resources)
- Samantha Hanlon (Counselor, Learner Advising and Life Resources)
- Sylvia Orosco (Front Desk Receptionist)
- KayDee Wiese (Operations Coordinator, Associate Degree Program)
- Catherine Welker (Manager, Learner Resources | Librarian)
Designated Campus Security Authorities
- Vice President of Operation, Controller
- Director, Learner Support Services
- Director, Nursing Education Services
- Manager, Learning Advising & Life Resources
- Counselor, Learner Advising & Life Resources
- Manager, Learner Resources | Librarian
- Operations Coordinator, Associate Degree in Nursing